[plug] Adaptec ATA/100 RAID 1200A

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 17:02:04 WST 2004

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 16:54:10 +0800, Cameron Patrick
<cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au> wrote:
> Senectus . wrote:
>
> > In my typical buy first ask questions later fashion, I've bough this
> > ide raid controller card..
> > Has anyone had any experience with getting it running under Linux?
>
> It'll almost certainly work as a simple IDE controller.  If you think
> it's anything more than a simple IDE controller, you've been had:
>
>     http://linux.yyz.us/sata/faq-sata-raid.html
>
> (The above page is about SATA RAID but I presume the same applies to
> the non-SATA variant of the card.)
>
> Cameron.
*finishes kicking himself*
Yeah I did a bit more digging and found that its a hardware controller
but software RAID.. so no use to me at all.. I returned it already..
Lesson learnt.. (hopefully)
--
" So let us then try to climb the mountain, not by stepping on what is
below us, but to pull us up at what is above us, for my part at the