[plug] Forcing X server to allow user to start programs remotely after login

Timothy White weirdo at tigris.org
Fri Nov 5 22:43:35 WST 2004

I wish to allow my users to start programs from a SSH session or VT and
display them on their already running X session. I known that using
xhost you can control who can and can't connect. I am guessing that by
default not even the user has access except from the Xsession. I think
that a simple 'xhost +username' should be all that I need to get it to work.
Firstly I am using GDM2 and users login to various sessions (Gnome, KDE,
Icewm ...) so I can't just modify each session script especially when
one of the sessions is Default which is a special GDM session that runs
the users Xsession (If I remember correctly)
So basically what I want is a script that GDM runs for all logins that
somehow gets the username (I assume there is an environment variable
containing it) and executes xhost +username. Anyone know how I can do it?
Thanks
Tim

--
Tim White
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net