[plug] Network Issues (Full/Half Duplex?)

Timothy White weirdo at tigris.org
Sun Nov 7 19:32:21 WST 2004

Craig Ringer wrote:

> Is there any chance the machine in question has a RealTek 8139A or 8319B
> based NIC? If so ... upgrade it to a revision D or later, they're
> something like $10. The A and B were OK, but I've found some issues with
> them and particular switches / other NICs, plus they can only do
> half-duplex.
After much research on the net and some driver hacking I have decided to
get a new NIC. I had read somewhere that full duplex was broken for the
driver so I will probably put the NIC in a computer on the 10Mbs Switch
and get a 100Mbs FD card. It was about time for an upgrade.
Tim
--
Tim White
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net