[plug] VNC Shell Script

Brock Woolf ultima160 at iinet.net.au
Sun Nov 7 20:17:48 WST 2004

On 07/11/2004, at 8:08 PM, Brad Campbell wrote:

> Brock Woolf wrote:
>
>> I press connect, but all I get is the window disappearing and I can't
>> see a
>> remote screen on my client laptop (iBook G4 running: Chicken of the
>> VNC)
>> for it's client vnc program.
>> The problem is not the remote client. I believe the problem has
>> something to do
>> with cron.
>
> It has just occurred to me to ask why the process would be terminating
> in the first place, requiring you to constantly check if it exists and
> respawn it?

Because there is a bug in the x0rfbserver program that causes the
program to shut itself
down if i scroll using the mouse. I am not sure why it does this, but
as soon as i roll my finger
up or down over that scroll wheel, the vnc server doesn't know what to
down and shuts itself down.

I wish there was an easy answer.

- Brock