Thunderbird HTML Compose (Was Re: [plug] Monitoring files "tail")

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Nov 8 15:23:52 WST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 13:51, Timothy White wrote:

> If you don't need the HTML mail composer much you can disable under each
> account settings. If you then need to use it for one email shift
> clicking 'Write' will open up the HTML composer.

Yep, I know. The issue is that Thunderbird's plain-text composer doesn't
handle replying to people whose mail clients fail to wrap lines. The
HTML one does. That said, Thunderbird does seem to do a decent job of
reliably converting to plain-text, so using the HTML composer and
setting Thunderbird to always convert to plain text seems like a viable
option.

Oh well ... I'm thankfully back in Evolution now anyway.

--
Craig Ringer