evo (was Re: Thunderbird HTML Compose (Was Re: [plug] Monitoring files "tail"))

rpowersau at gmail.com rpowersau at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 17:20:46 WST 2004

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:43:14 +0800, Craig Ringer
<craig at postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 15:38, rpowersau at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Do you run evo under kde? I find it nice to use in gnome but it
> > doesn't behave or look the same in kde.
>
> Yeah, I use it under KDE. Seems quite fine to me, but then I don't
> personally care that much about consistent look and feel, and don't use
> that many KDE apps.

Yeah, I can live with most of the look and feel diffs. But some of
them impact ease of use. Just little things, like under gnome, the
folder I'm viewing mail in is highlighted. But in kde it's not. And
the threading looks horrible in kde, very hard to distinguish the
threads. But in gnome it's quite good.

Could just be me not knowing how to configure it properly or that
ubuntu has done a really good job integrating it into the distro.  But
it's not cross platform so I'm still looking forward to tbird's 1.0
release.  0.9 is here, it's getting close!  :)

> For users, on the other hand... <insert the usual foaming rant about
> dialog boxes here>
>
> --
>

> Craig Ringer

Regards,