[plug] SME PC hardware linux supplier?

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Tue Nov 9 21:11:33 WST 2004

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 20:16, Brock Woolf wrote:

> 1. (What I did) Buy an Apple iBook/iMac. The hardware is really fast and
> linux runs on the PPC RISC architecture.

Is there a logical reason why any sane person would choose to do this?  What I
mean by that is fork out the fat wad of cash for Apple's hardware and then
ditch its OS to run linux.  I mean, I like linux but it's not really worth
buying hardware at double the price unless you're a serious gearhead - and we
all know that serious gearheads are on the wrong side of the sanity line (and
more power to them).  I guess what I'm asking is there any benefit, other
than bragging rights and a warm feeling of satisfaction, from running linux
on Apple hardware?

skribe
--
Public key information available at:
http://www.amber.com.au/~skribe/publickey.html

  After they got rid of capital punishment, they had to hang twice
  as many people as before.

Xaraya Content Management Solutions http://www.xaraya.com/