[plug] SME PC hardware linux supplier?

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Tue Nov 9 22:11:11 WST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 21:50, skribe wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 21:41, Chris Caston wrote:
>
> > It would be more stable, more geeky, immune to Windows installation and
> > "less" of a thief magnet?
>
> More stable than OSX?

Hardware wise. PPC hardware I have heard is more stable than x86
hardware and to be honest I'm seeing just as many hardware issues these
days as I'm seeing Windows problems.

> Sorry, I don't understand either of your last two points, Chris.  What has
> Windows installation got to do with OSX or linux?

Well as an example I would imagine if I ever found myself with a gf that
preferred Windows for some reason then she couldn't force me to install
it because it wouldn't run.