[plug] SME PC hardware linux supplier?

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 09:08:46 WST 2004

Its not a distro I'm after, in fact its a pretty decent chance that
the customer that wants it will wipe it and put their own distro on
it. But they want is an INTEL pc vendor with a good name and longevity
to supply linux supported PC's.

Its strange because I didn't think that would be such a big problem,
but after doing some more research I've found that there isn't many
vendors out there that _actually_ support their hardware with linux
from the box.

Sure IBM certify their laptops with suse but they don't sell them
without windows etc...
I would have thought that hardware suppliers would be eager to do this
as people who don't spend money on the MS tax have more money to spend
on hardware (in theory anyhow)

--
" So let us then try to climb the mountain, not by stepping on what is
below us, but to pull us up at what is above us, for my part at the