[plug] SME PC hardware linux supplier?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Nov 10 18:08:12 WST 2004

Alex Nordstrom wrote:

> But we have KDE to keep the vendors happy. If that's not enough, throw
> in Superkaramba or something along those lines and use an Open GL
> screen saver as a desktop background. ;)

Hehe. Given that the KDE folks seem to be working on _reducing_ memory
use and disk footprint, you may yet have to reach for that OpenGL
screensaver. Permit me to suggest 'quake' in demo loop mode ;-)

No, I don't know how to do that or if it's possible with out-of-the-box
Quake 2 sources. It shouldn't be impossible, though - just get it to
take control of the root window when running in windowed mode rather
than creating a new window, much like the GL screensavers do.

--
Craig Ringer