[plug] *** November Hacker Night Reminder ***

Harry harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Thu Nov 11 09:43:11 WST 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 03:46:37 +0800 Bernard Blackham <bernard at blackham.com.au> wrote:

> ** PLUG Hacker Night

> If you are thinking of coming, it would be great if you could reply
> on-list and let people know what project you are thinking of working
> on.

Computer Angels distro. I'm working on a list of all the fiddly bits
left to do. Some require config, others just need a test that
various things work.

If anyone _does_ want to help, please let me know offlist so I can
image some extra machines to play on. Only if you are committed to
show. Imaging machines which we don't use is time I can't afford to
waste atm. I can also email the TODO list if that helps people know
whether they have some skills they want to contribute.

> This might encourage other, less creative people to turn up and
> help :-)  (Or maybe I'm just too optimistic...)

Weeeell. Cameron's plan was to have people show with a specific project
and I think that is working ok. It is hard for people to drop into
an effort without some planning beforehand.

I'm wondering if Cameron will need to move us downstairs to the big
open workshop area if the numbers get much larger.

Harry

--
Are you a computer angel?	http://www.computerangels.org.au/