[plug] [OT] Looking for broadband

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Thu Nov 11 23:37:10 WST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 23:21, Ben Jensz wrote:
> www.abr.gov.au - doesn't say anything that I can easily see about it
> costing money.  I registered mine after the start of the current
> financial year, didn't cost a cent.  Registering a business name is
> different of course.. and you don't need a business name to register an
> ABN.  You can register as a sole trader.

Last I checked it was $103 to register a business name through the
depart of consumer and employment protection and sometimes you need to
get an "extract" for another $10 to open a business banking account.

I think its about $700-800 to get yourself a Pty Ltd which is recognised
nationally but leave this out until you get really serious.