[plug] Portable Address Book

Timothy White weirdo at tigris.org
Mon Nov 15 11:43:09 WST 2004

As some people would know, mozilla has a calendar which also comes as a
standalone application (sunbird?) and an extension for firefox and
Thunderbird. It has a really nice feature that allows you to publish
your calendar using WebDAV and uses a popular calendar format, ical.
Now I want something similar that will do the same for my address book
(emails, phone and address)
It needs to be in an easy to move format so that when/if I change client
I can easily take it with me (even if it losses its 'publish' ability)
without retyping all the data. I also want it to be able to manage
contacts in groups and if possible integrate with Thunderbird.
I have thought of LDAP but don't know if it would be suitable (and
haven't got it working yet, same as WebDAV, not yet functional)
Cross platform would be nice as well.
Thanks
Tim
--
Tim White - Use the Fox, Luke!
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net