[plug] Fedora Core 3

Evert van Dijk evert at silver-sword.net
Tue Nov 16 18:58:08 WST 2004

I used Fedora Core 2 on one of my systems and upgraded to Core 3 as a
matter of fact
Found that the new kernel had troubles with the Nvidia drivers and was
not particularly happy about that
seriously considered going back to Core 2 so that I could continue with
3D acceleration.
then I found a post on the Nvidia support site explaining a work around.
While I wish it had been easier to
find now I have Core 3 with 3D acceleration and that means that Quake 3
and Doom 3 and my other 3D games
that run on Linux run very well indeed.

Other than that Core 3 might be an improvement but I have not found
anything significant over Core 2.
As a desktop system I do recommend it.
As server setup I will continue to recommend Debian