[plug] Named pipe. Solution to programming problem?

Timothy White weirdo at tigris.org
Thu Nov 18 20:34:47 WST 2004

James Devenish wrote:
>>I don't want the program always running, only when called.
>

> Okay...don't call it unless you want it.
>

>>I don't want to run currently_active_computers every 5 seconds to
>>ensure that the list of active computers is up to date.
>

> So...what *is* keeping the list up-to-date, then?

Basically I want the list to update when ever a program tries to access
it (to keep resources down to a minimum) and I can't modify every
program so that they run a program every time they read the file.
I am more clear now?

Thanks
Tim
--
Tim White - Use the Fox, Luke!
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net