[plug] FireFox 1.0 Party in one hour @ Fast Eddy's

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sat Nov 20 18:54:26 WST 2004

Register at http://www.openforce.com/mozparty2/?view=AU if you want to help
the numbers. Any photos will appear here after the event:

    http://www.linux.org.au/~leonb/FireFox-1.0/

Bring as many extra people as you like - even if you can't come (ie, inveigh
upon someone else to stand in for you). BYO laptop, and we'll see if we can
arrange some connectivity. BYO burner and blanks in case we run out of CDs or
you have other Free/Open Source Software goodness to share. BYO power board
in case power gets scarce.

I have been given two shiny new copies of the book Rapid Application
Development with Mozilla by Nigel McFarlane, retail price USD$45, to hand
out. One will be a door prize, and one will be decided on by the group.

There will also be limited supplies of FireFox 1.0 on CD, along with
ThunderBird 0.9, OpenOffice 1.1.3 and The GIMP 2.2-pre1 all for Windows, Mac
OS X and Linux (The GIMP's prerequisites are a bit iffy for a binary install
on Linux, look to your usual package source for updates).

The venue is Fast Eddy's on Milligan Street in Perth. That's one block uphill
from the bus station, two blocks uphill from either the main train station or
the BusPort, on the corner of Murray Street. Fast Eddy's is open 24x7 and
don't mind you plugging in.

If you're part of the SlashDot Meetup (http://slashdot.meetup.com/22/) you'll
be meeting there next week too. Get a map by going to the White Pages
(http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/busSearch.jhtml), typing in "fast eddy's",
selecting Western Australia and Search. The Perth venue is the second grey
Australia silhouette.

Southbound freeway exit "Wellington Street" is at the top of this map,
northbound exit is "Hay Street" a couple of cm in from the left edge and
about halfway up. Coming from the Causeway, your easiest approach is straight
up the Terrace and right into Milligan; from the West, choose either
Riverside Drive and first left as you get to Perth or King's Park Road
(becomes Hill Street, Malcolm Street and St George's Terrace) and left at
QV.1 (the tall building with shutters after the Freeway and Barracks Arch).

I'm wearing a Linux Australia tee-shirt as exemplified at the bottom of this
page recording last year's conf:

    http://mirror.wa.3fl.net/pub/lca2003/rookery.linux.conf.au/leon/

Cheers; Leon
0409-655-359