[plug] Religous war pending

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Wed Nov 24 21:28:50 WST 2004

G'day all,

Time to bite the bullet.

I'm a Pascal/Asm/Soldering Iron programmer with a smattering of whatever else it takes to get the
job done (usually bash, sed, awk and bc/dc).
I now have a need to learn a "swiss army knife" style language that is going to take me further than
bash scripting.

Perl or Python?

My first task is a basic log file analyser, so I thought Perl might be the one to go for but it
seems Python has a few advantages and could take me further in the long run.

(Stands back with arms folded behind 12 inches of lead glass)

--
Brad
                    /"\

PS. Yes I'm serious.