[plug] umount fails [UNCLASSIFIED]

Clark Julian Julian.Clark at cdpp.gov.au
Tue Nov 30 16:17:32 WST 2004

I've noticed something similar. (Also while using konqueror, though
usually I've just tripped up and left a terminal logged in somewhere
like /mnt/cdrom/blah\)

When you close the konqueror window, do you still get the busy message,
or will it not release the drive until those processes end?

Perhaps disabling automounting may help?

Otherwise.. I think that you can do a forced umount (try man mount :)
which waits for the process to become free and unmounts at that moment.
Not sure if you can then eject though.

IIRC I noticed this more so while using kde3.2 I'm using 3.3 now, and
haven't noticed it in a long while (ie, I've only been unable to umount
because of the terminal issue that I mentioned above.

HTH

Julian