[plug] Crashed Linux Installation

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Tue Nov 30 23:10:37 WST 2004

On 30 Nov 2004 at 21:52, Timothy White wrote:

> The official GRUB uninstall info is here
> http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/grub-legacy-faq.en.html#q12
>
> You will probably want to try some of the stuff here
> http://www.ntcompatible.com/thread28242-1.html

Thanks for the lead Tim, all is well now - I can now boot windows and start my Linux install again.

Still going fishing though.

Tomorrow is another day.

Windows is on HDD1 and partition 1 and it is active.

I used Partition Magic boot disk to get access to drive, hid the active partition on HDD1 and set
active partition on HDD2 - rebooted - and then reversed the previous changes.

Then rebooted from a dos boot disk - got access to C: drive and then :

Tried fdisk /mbr again and it worked this time.

Regards Arie