[plug] future of linux multimedia?

Brock Woolf ultima160 at iinet.net.au
Sat Oct 2 21:28:48 WST 2004

On 02/10/2004, at 8:21 PM, John Knight wrote:

> G'day all!
>
> Bit of shameless self promotion here, my latest article on
> newsforge.com about where lin multimedia is. :)
>
> http://software.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=04/09/29/1420201&tid=75
>
> Cheers guys!
>
> "...it was brilliant, there was three up against a thousand, and boy,
> did we give those three heaps!"

Yeah, good thoughts on the Linux multimedia and "just work" theme.
Linux is great, but the nerds need to make Linux easier for the
simpletons out there.
Hopefully Linux Standard Base 2.0 is another step in the right
direction and we will get better interoperability between distros.
Another year or so, but Linux has caught up to Windows and is getting
quite close in the "just works" arena.

- Brock
Apple and Linux Enthusiast ;)