[plug] Ubuntu-linux waix mirror

Michael Hunt michael at aussie.oddsocks.net
Sun Oct 3 17:27:55 WST 2004

Hiya all,

I am looking to give the ubuntu-linux distro a whirl and was planning to
download it from the following Australian mirror.

http://mirror.isp.net.au/ftp/pub/ubuntu/

>From the main web page there is a link to Check your connectivity from
this network that points to the following URL :-

http://looking-glass.isp.net.au/

Can anyone tell me how I use this interface (WAIX appears to have the
same interface but no instructions). I'm wanting to know if this will
count against my monthly bandwidth or is provided somehow through the
WAIX network. (Early indications are not looking good).

My local ISP is Arachnet if that is of help to anyone.

Michael Hunt