[plug] [OT] List Posting/Replying

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Wed Oct 6 17:47:26 WST 2004

Tim White wrote:

> >q.v. http://www.plug.org.au/archives/thread/20041003.171318.6abae9bd.html
> NICE!!! You sure that the highlight couldn't be done in CSS?

No idea, I'm just using the default Lurker stylesheets.  The way it
works is that a message (or message list) is grabbed from the
database, un-gzipped, converted to XML, and then an XSL stylesheet is
applied to convert it to HTML.  So if you want to write new XSL
stylesheets for the PLUG archives....

> Um, how often are they generated? (New messages added?)

Should be every 5 minutes.  New messages are added to the database as
soon as they hit the PLUG list.  The HTML pages aren't actually
generated until they're requested, though, but they're cached after
the first time someone reads them.  Every 5 minutes a cron job deletes
the cached files for pages that have changed (e.g. "active threads"
and "newest messages" lists).

Cameron.