[plug] Cirque Serial Touchpad

Harry harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Thu Oct 7 13:21:35 WST 2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:34:29 +0800 James Devenish <devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au> wrote:

> In message <utse32xi01.ln2 at shameless.plug.org.au>
> on Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 12:25:37PM +0800, Margo Adams wrote:

.. that Suse 9.1 would't use the serial Cirque mouse under X (I think)

> > How do I troubleshoot? (this was one of the things I was going to get
> > looked at during the workshop :( )
>
> Get in touch with Davros. I think his plan was to dominate the universe
> with his superior race of Daleks, so hopefully he had the foresight to
> work out how to get up the stairs!

Hmmm. James in cheeky mode. Exterminate !! :)

Cirque make complete touch pads and also sell just the assembly
to manufacturers (I've used them in a ruggedised PC design).
See: http://www.cirque.com/

I'm pretty sure they just emulate the M$ mouse so it sounds like you
need to reconfigure X to tell it to use the serial mouse on /dev/ttyS0
or /dev/ttyS1 or wherever Suse has reported it to be.

>From recent discussions with Cameron, I think your USB mouse will continue
to JustWork(tm) too.

I'll leave it for greater minds to say how to reconfigure X under Suse
because I've never done it ..

cu
Harry

--