[plug] Network Monitoring

Margo Adams margo.adams at no.gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 15:10:55 WST 2004

Margo Adams wrote:

*snip*

thanks to all the replies, it was all very helpful. I did have to check
the documentation for Ethereal as it was crashing, but all fixed now. (
no DNS available)

Got some excellent screenshots, installing configuring etc. the program
looks very similar to Ms Network monitor and in fact reads MNM capture
files!!

So, now just to write the assignment :D I think the purpose of which is
to promote the understanding of packets/networks.

Anyway, on the upside in that class, we have drives in caddies to
install Win2K server on. I asked if I finished everything whether I
could install and examine Suse Enterprise Server (Thanks to a free
resource kit from Novell I have that too ;)) and the lecturer has said
yes go for it!! :D Should be fun.

--
Margo

Suse Professional 9.1 System