[plug] KDE Icon undeleteable

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Sun Oct 10 11:45:33 WST 2004

Hey:

I've just upgraded to the Community release of Mandrake's 10.1.
Unfortunately, it is giving me no end of bother with my floppy (actually an
ls-120) and cdrom drives.  Things like being unable to umount them because
they're always busy. fuser and lsof fixes most of the problems but not all.

But I digress - although if anyone has a solution to fixing the above problems
I'd appreciate it.

Mandrake has delightfully put an icon on my desktop (all user desktops
actually) entitled 'Zip Disk'.  This is linked to the wonderful device
'devhdcmntfloppy'.  Now, I want to get rid of the icon because frankly it
doesn't work.  Problem is that I can't delete it.  There is no option in the
drop-down menu and dropping it in trash only leads to a popup asking if I
wish to copy or link it there.  So how do I delete the icon?  I can't seem to
find the text file where it is listed.  Any suggestions?

skribe
--
Public key information available at:
http://www.amber.com.au/~skribe/publickey.html