[plug] Wine not finding CD

Tim White weirdo at tigris.org
Mon Oct 11 22:28:19 WST 2004

skribe wrote:

>On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 16:18, skribe wrote:
>

>>Hey folks:
>>
>>I have a windows program that appears to run fine under wine but requires
>>the CD to be inserted otherwise it runs in demo mode only.  I can't seem to
>>get it to recognise the cd.  Any suggestions?
>>

>I eventually discovered a solution that didn't involve me paying for cedega -
>although I probably will soon.
>
>By holding my mouth just right, and standing on my left foot, there are times
>when the wind is blowing from the north and the sun is in Aquarius that it
>works.  See, simple.

Care to elaborate for the archives. Also, what was the app? It may be
benificial to use a 'crack' that disables the protection. One argument I
have heard for using the crack is that companys have to write to see if
you CD is still intact and that it hasn't been scrated by taking it out
and putting it back in the cdrom drive every time you start a different
application. They should check it when you install and work on trust
after that.
Tim