[plug] Gnome Terminal (Bash) Resize problem

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Mon Oct 11 17:50:12 WST 2004

In message <416A25FF.3000704 at tigris.org>
on Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 08:19:43AM +0200, Tim White wrote:
> > Do you have "job control" enabled or disabled?
> Not sure where this would be.

Neither do I (I don't use Bash). However, I had a look at `man bash`
and it sounds like it's on by default (as one would expect). I was
just curious as to whether there's something "odd" about your system.

> I am running gnome-terminal 2.6.1-6, xterm 4.3.0-0pre1v5, bash
> 2.05b-12. I can recreate it in an xterm and gnome-terminal.
> It doesn't happen with csh but I don't have zsh to try. Try this

Okay, that all worked properly for me with Linux (haven't tried it
elsewhere). Sounds like a Bash bug to me, but maybe it's with the window
manager? In any case, I note that no one else has yet confirmed or
denied the behaviour on this list. For what it's worth, I tried your
test with both 2.05a-11 and then 2.05b-24. I had no problems with
either. Have not tried GNOME 2 (I guess you might be using the metacity
window manager).