[plug] X forwarding

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Mon Oct 11 21:17:41 WST 2004

Carl Gherardi wrote:

> Others responded to this pretty well, but heres something from a faq I
> keep at work.
>
> "With a Fedora installation running gdm you need to edit
> /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf and set DisallowTCP=false"

Not relevant to SSH X forwarding and could potentially open up
security holes by allowing other machines to connect directly to your
X server.  Normally X's built-in authentication mechanisms will
prevent people from doing bad things even if X is listening on TCP but
if you disable access control or if a remotely-exploitable flaw is
found in X, other people may be able to hijack your X session.

Cameron.