[plug] ADSL plans

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at metoceanengineers.com
Wed Oct 13 11:04:37 WST 2004

> For more broadband prices, try: http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/ - which hasn't yet

I started with broadbandchoice the other week, but was also looking for
a home phone setup, having just moved house. So I just called a couple
of randoms. Primus seem to have a neat deal:
$70pm = 1 x line rental, unlimited local calls, 256/64k ADSL w/500MB
traffic, shaped after that.
$85pm = same, but choice of either 256/64 w/12GB or 512/64 w/2GB traffic
before shaping.

Any suggestions on whether/how I might do better than the $70 deal? I'm
a small-time web user, so 500MB will be fine, especially coz it doesn't
cost me money after that 500MB.

Also, they want to sell me a Netcom NB1300 for $130. From the specs
it'll certainly do what I need. Suggestions on bettering that for price
or <insert other reason, be it reliability, security, etc>... ?

Cheers,
Greg.