[plug] APT proxy/gateway/cache

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Wed Oct 13 13:40:55 WST 2004

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 12:30:56PM +0800, Tim White wrote:
> I am running testing but it seems to have install version 1.3.0
> Can you veryify if that is actually 2? (dpkg -l apt-proxy)

Er... yes.  It was in testing... honest  :)

There were some problems, and I believe it was removed for the upcoming
release.  Annoyingly, that leaves no version in testing at all.

If you feel like living on the edge, grab from unstable or take a look
at:

http://apt-proxy.sourceforge.net/

I'm not sure what's going to be happening with v2 at this point, as the
developer destined to take over the project (ranty) recently died in a
car accident:

http://www.debian.org/News/2004/20040515

--
 Leon Blackwell                | There are only two kinds of
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | programming languages: those people