[plug] rpm's for diff platforms?

bwarff bwarff at obsidian.com.au
Wed Oct 13 13:28:42 WST 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:30:54 +0800
"Senectus ." <senectus at gmail.com> wrote:

> > if i where you, I wouldnt use Suse .. its aimed at being  stable business
> > distribution -its priority is that nothing breaks, so its slow at making changes
> >  you would be better with one of the "bleeding edge" distro's like fedora/mandrake/debian unstable/gentoo
> >

> Ironic huh.. bleeding edge for the "newbies", old slow no frills for
> everyone else.
> I've not given up yet... I'll bash my head against this for a bit longer..
> Times like this that I miss portage terribly

more like "stable" for people who are using the machine for day to day business,
where the pain of downtime far exceeds the cool of new features.

and "bleeding edge" for the newbies, who dont have legacy setups that need
integrating and dont care if application xyz breaks for a bit .. or changes its file format or or or or.....

the business might go broke cause its uses xyz for its day to day operations.
the business will wait till suse fully integrates the new stuff, and they have themelves have tested it fully.

good luck :)

Rod.