KDE Desktop [plug] X forwarding SOLVED

Marc Wiriadisastra marc-w at smlintl.com.au
Wed Oct 13 14:52:33 WST 2004

WolfBite wrote:
> Thanks everyone
> was tracked down to
> ssh.conf
> sshd.conf
> only needed the xforwarding=yes
> grrrrr
> THEN all the examples work :)

Are you able to get a kde or gnome desktop across ssh.  I've been trying
and I can get certain programs working across ssh but I'm thinking I'm
doing something wrong.

When I type startx after I ssh as a normal user it says I don't have
authorisation which is a pam issue and I'll have to figure how to sort
that out.  As root though when I type #startx it loads up but on the
monitor of the actual server not through to my computer screen which is
separate.

Can you point out where I have been going wrong??

Thanks

Marc