[plug] ADSL plans

Milan Pospisil pospim at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 16:24:20 WST 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 11:04:37 +0800, Gregory Orange
<gregory.orange at metoceanengineers.com> wrote:
> > For more broadband prices, try: http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/ - which hasn't yet
>
> I started with broadbandchoice the other week, but was also looking for
> a home phone setup, having just moved house. So I just called a couple
> of randoms. Primus seem to have a neat deal:
> $70pm = 1 x line rental, unlimited local calls, 256/64k ADSL w/500MB
> traffic, shaped after that.
> $85pm = same, but choice of either 256/64 w/12GB or 512/64 w/2GB traffic
> before shaping.
>
> Any suggestions on whether/how I might do better than the $70 deal? I'm
> a small-time web user, so 500MB will be fine, especially coz it doesn't
> cost me money after that 500MB.
> snip<

Hi Greg,
  Universal Telecom
http://www.uvtc.com.au/residential/residential_internet_broadband.asp
is offering a similar deal, except they start limiting the speed after
12G rather than 500M and you can pay your bills at the Post Office,
however, I do not know if they support Linux. From personal experience
I know that iPrimus does not; in order to read your e-mail directly
using their website you need a doze box :-(  No probs with Mozilla or
kmail as a client, tho....
TPG http://www.tpg.com.au/ came up with 1.5Mb / 64 plan for some $50 a
month but there might be a catch to it...
                                      Regards
                                                   Milan Pospisil