[plug] Massively cheaper 512/512 ADSL plans

Scott Middleton scott at LinuxIT.com.au
Wed Oct 13 17:44:21 WST 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 16:48, skribe wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:42, Leon Brooks wrote:
>
> > For more broadband prices, try: http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/ - which hasn't
> > yet caught up to ArachNet (note that the price of this plan dropped $44!).
> > In the sub-$100 512/512 range they list ZCTS (who appear to be in or near
> > Bunbury, not sure what "preselect" is, maybe it combines with their 'phone
> > plans), Spin, SwiftDSL, CyberLink and Jazinet. Most of whom I've never
> > heard of.
>
> I'm just so blown away with these prices.  I'm paying $100/month for dial-up
> (admittedly with 6 static IPs).  Time for me to upgrade my server then change
> over to adsl (if the phone lines in our apartments can handle it).  What is
> 'better' as far as speed goes?  1500/256 or 512/512?  Sorry, I've been living
> in the dark ages too long, I'm far from a full bottle on this.

I download *far* more than i upload so the 1.5/256 is better for me.

Last time i needed IP addresses WestNet charge $27.50 per year per IP
address per year.

WestNet are also apparently doing phone plans as well according to an
E-mail I got yesterday. Capped $1.99 national calls, International calls
from 18c and fixed 33c mobile calls with 20% off the first bill. I don't
know if it is good or not but I thought it was worth a mention.

http://www.westnet.com.au/products/phone/splash.htm

Kind Regards
--
Scott Middleton <scott at LinuxIT.com.au>