[plug] USB Printer Not Working

Aaron Devenny aaron at nw.com.au
Thu Oct 14 08:57:39 WST 2004

Hi Tim, to find this you may need to look in your cups.log file.  Setting up
your printer driver and CUPS is only the start of getting your printer
system to work.  CUPS also depends on GhostScript and a font library/font
mapping to a usable font.   The most common problem I found when trying to
get a printer running from scratch was missing fonts.  If you cant see any
errors in your cups.log, you may need to turn up the debugging. Setting
"LogLevel debug2" will give you a nice output to your error file to help
track things down. Your cups config is most likely at
"/etc/cups/cupsd.conf".

Hope this helps.
Aaron