[plug] ProFTPd experts?

Marc Wiriadisastra marc-w at smlintl.com.au
Thu Oct 14 09:18:44 WST 2004

Joong Cho wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Are there any ProFTPd experts out there? I'm having trouble uploading my
> files to a particular user. I get a 550 $filename Permission Denied error
> message everytime I upload a file. Does anyone know how to solve this
> problem? My directory is chmoded to 755, but I still can't upload anything.
> Could this be due to the firewall that I might have installed? How do you
> check to see which services are running under a firewall?

It Depends on who owns the folder as well as your ftp options. Have you
set it up to lock you in a particular directory.  If you can connect
then its not a firewall issue (generally)  It depends also on the ports
you have allowed as well as what you are using.  I found that using
cuteftp it uses a range of ports which aren't open on my firewall so I
had to dedicate a specific port to use.

I can't remember how to check what is running on debian apart from the
following command.

#ps aux

HTH

Marc