[plug] ADSL plans

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Oct 15 01:00:00 WST 2004

Chris Caston wrote:

> It *may* well be easier to *convince* WPC to insulate all the cables
> that it would be to convince Telstra to allow ADSL. Just a guess.\

True. On the other hand, if Western Power was to go and insulate all the
cables (presuming such a procedure is feasible; something of which I'm
not convinced), they'd have to seriously consider running fibre at the
same time ;-)

Telstra is the only company that believes that Telstra should control
all the infrastructure. Unfortunately, building parallel infrastructure
is expensive and often unprofitable.

--
Craig Ringer