[plug] Monitor repairs

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Oct 15 15:36:24 WST 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 07:52, Paul Leam wrote:
> Dear Garry,
> I used to use this company to repair monitors and switch mode PSUs and found
> them very competitive and when I dealt with them they were a certified
> repair agent for NEC.
>
>  Bluetech Corporation Pty Ltd
>   4/ 18 Main St Osborne Park 6017
>  (08) 9242 3199
>
> They used to be called Video and Visual.

They used to be good, too.

I'd stay away now - their turnaround times are terrible and I've had
monitors come back in worse condition than I sent them off in.

I do have to thank them for one thing. I sent my nearly two year old
Philips 19" pro-quality monitor (which I'd bought from them) in to them
for repairs last year. After six weeks I called and was told they were
waiting on a part. After another three weeks I called again, and was
told they were waiting on a new monitor to be shipped from Sydney. Three
weeks after that, I got a brand new replacement monitor. My old one had
only needed a tune-up, but they broke it and had to replace it.

The new one is even sharper and crisper, and has a brand new phosphor
layer of course, so it's had a considerable lifetime extension. I also
got a new warranty :-) . Still, my monitor was out of commission for
ages, I had to chase them up regularly, and it was only through their
own incompetence that I gained out of it in the end.

A friend of mine had to send his Mitsubishi 2070SB (a pro 21") back
three times before they properly tested and fixed it. I also know
several others who have had bad experiences with them.

I strongly recommend staying away.

--
Craig Ringer