[plug] Re: HELO antispam checks

Tim White weirdo at tigris.org
Mon Oct 18 16:34:01 WST 2004

Luke Dudney wrote:

> Craig Ringer wrote:
>
>> For example,
>> since reconfiguring Postfix on Friday to reject mail from servers that
>> HELO as "localhost" my spam volumes have fallen dramatically - it's
>> quite amusing watching the logs.
>>

> $ grep "Greeted me with my own hostname" /var/log/maillog |wc -l
> 6489

Where can I find out what Exim is identifying its self as? I don't wish
to use the Optus SMTP servers so I am now running my own. Debian
Testing. Also, how can I make sure it isn't an open relay? Currently its
behind a gateway but I want to make sure.
Tim

--
Tim White
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net