[plug] Antivirus

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Mon Oct 18 16:56:25 WST 2004

Margo wrote:

> ok :) another biggie question, how does it check your incoming mail, or does
> it?

Nope.. I just poll at 4am/pm. They supply a script (check-updates.pl) that just polls the server for
updates.

As an aside, I have the defs files symlinked into a separate share on my samba server and all the
windows PC's just pick up their updates from there every day. Saves heaps on bandwidth.

Given this whole system is going to be scrapped in 4 weeks when we are taken over and the new
company forces Windows servers/clients upon us I'm not too inclined to spend time changing anything
at the moment.

Fnarfle!
Brad