[plug] Re: HELO antispam checks

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Mon Oct 18 21:58:28 WST 2004

Craig Ringer wrote:

> After all, are there any circumstances when giving different values for
> the two would make sense?

I don't know.  In Postfix, the two can be configured independently
(although the default is for them to be the same).

BTW looking at the exim docs, it seems that /etc/mailname is ignored
and exim uses the machine's hostname if primary_hostname is not
specified in the config file.  Also, everywhere I've been talking
about exim, feel free to substitute in "exim 3.x" instead -- I haven't
used exim 4.x and it may behave completely differently.

Cameron.