[plug] Apache vhost alias_module

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Tue Oct 19 09:43:58 WST 2004

Hello,

I'm trying to use virtual hosting on a local apache server running
Debian sid with apache 1.3.31-6 and  I have installed
libapache-mod-dynvhost (0.9.6-1) from apt.

When trying to configure it from the dpkg install it gave some message:

WARNING: Use of apacheconfig has been deprecated!
apache-modconf should be used instead.

/etc/init.d/apache start gives:

Syntax error on line 187 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Invalid command '<Virtual', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration

But there appears to be no problem with the file and which I setup using
webmin.

Webmine does show mod_vhost_alias under Re-Configure Known Modules but
it is not selected I can click the checkbox on the page this does not
install it.

Anyone know how I can install the module?

I tried http:~# apache-modconf mod_vhost_alias enable
Error: /usr/sbin/apache-modconf has been called with invalid parameters
Usage: /usr/sbin/apache-modconf apache|apache-perl|apache-ssl [enable
<module_name>]
       /usr/sbin/apache-modconf apache|apache-perl|apache-ssl [disable
<module_name>] [quiet]
       /usr/sbin/apache-modconf apache|apache-perl|apache-ssl [query
<module_name]

thanks,

--
Chris Caston

Aptitude Technology
http://www.aptitudetech.com.au
ABN: 51614966828

Office: 1300 722 146
mobile: 0422 978315

[T]he entrepreneur appears in a genuinely competitive market economy as a sort of trustee whom the community
has placed in charge of its means of production. Comparing the costs of his services with those of a bureaucratic
state-controlled economy, our entrepreneur may be regarded as a very inexpensive public servant, one who really assumes risks,
while the politician is apt to be answerable only to God and history. ( Economics of the Free Society (1937),Wilhelm Röpke, p. 192).