[plug] Apache vhost alias_module

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Tue Oct 19 17:04:33 WST 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 13:03, Chris Caston wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 09:43, Chris Caston wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to use virtual hosting on a local apache server running
> > Debian sid with apache 1.3.31-6 and  I have installed
> > libapache-mod-dynvhost (0.9.6-1) from apt.
> >
> > When trying to configure it from the dpkg install it gave some message:
> >
> > WARNING: Use of apacheconfig has been deprecated!
> > apache-modconf should be used instead.
> >
> > /etc/init.d/apache start gives:
> >
> > Syntax error on line 187 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
> > Invalid command '<Virtual', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
> > not included in the server configuration
> >
> > But there appears to be no problem with the file and which I setup using
> > webmin.
> >

> > Webmine does show mod_vhost_alias under Re-Configure Known Modules but
> > it is not selected I can click the checkbox on the page this does not
> > install it.
> >
> > Anyone know how I can install the module?
> I tried:
>
> http:~# apache-modconf apache enable mod_vhost_alias
> Error: 510mod_dynvhost.info does not have a valid LoadModule entry.
> The above errors might cause apache to not work properly or start
> Please refer to the documentation on how to fix it or report it to
> Debian Apache Mailing List <debian-apache at lists.debian.org> if in doubt
> on how to proceed
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thanks,
>
> Chris

Hello,

I am having serious problems trying to get this to work. I compiled the
module from the apache site but that doesn't work either. Does anyone
know if the Apache 1.3 virtual hosting is seriously broken in sid at the
moment?

I'm trying out Apache2 but I don't know of any web interface for it. I
can't find a module for it in Webmin.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris