[plug] Attempted Intrusions

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Wed Oct 20 10:06:29 WST 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 09:44:55AM +0800, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> All it is is that I haven't limited the ip's to who can access ssh
> because some times I'm away on business and the only access I have is a
> dialup.  How do I get around that or is there not a way around it?

Running ssh on a non-standard port helps with obscurity. It'll hide
it from script kiddies and worms portscanning a network for port
22s, but if there's somebody determined to get at your network or
data, you want to do more than that :)

Could always filter on the evil bit too ;)

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham <bernard at blackham dot com dot au>