[plug] Debian Mirror on WaFreenet

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Wed Oct 20 13:47:47 WST 2004

Hi Tim

> I am wondering if anybody here is on Wafreenet and knows of a Debian
> mirror. If so which access point are they connected to?

I ran an apt-proxy for a while (I'm connected to HillsHub and Tic Hill)
but hadn't bothered to set one up again after losing my RAID array, due to
lack of use.

It's easy enough to set back up if someone needs it.

> I am looking to connect from Riverton to the Bankwest tower, any
> suggestions?

There are no WaFreeNet APs on the Bankwest tower, or any CBD buildings for
that matter.

>From Riverton you may be able to connect to Cannington (30m mast) or
possibly Martin Mast (300m tower on the scarp)

btw I was using a PC with ISA cradle and PCMCIA card to connect to HH (and
before that an old 486 laptop), but have now replaced it with a Linksys
WRT54GS running OpenWRT, and have a second WRT54GS connected to Tic Hill.

Neat little Linux routers (running Quagga for BGP, and frottle) that draw
almost no power, and best of all are very quiet...

https://shop.linuxit.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=221

 - Matt