[plug] I think I'm cursed...

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Fri Oct 22 15:42:16 WST 2004

On Friday 22 October 2004 01:25, Jim Householder wrote:
> Any thoughts?

I have two 10.0-10.1 upgrades here and one fresh 10.1 install, and all
work well. The first 10.0 upgrade I tried was from the Community 3-CD
set but lots of stuff didn't upgrade because things from contrib and
PLF relied upon them.

You might like to try pointing your URPMI at the devel/10.1 (not
devel/cooker) filetree (contribs too) on a WAIX-enabled mirror and do a
"urpmi --auto-select" to pick up anything you missed in the upgrade.

The files you get will be approximately the same as the Official
release. They wriggle slightly from day to day and will take everal
days to pull down at 512kb, so it's worth mirroring them locally and
then redoing the wget -m (or whatever) to ensure that you have the
freshest, then do a genhdlist over each repository to rebuild all of
the indeces.

Cheers; Leon