[plug] Keeping a running server clean

Tim White weirdo at tigris.org
Sat Oct 23 11:52:29 WST 2004

Recently I learnt of a netware server that hadn't been rebooted since
last year which meant that a file I had been working on had a stale lock
on it still so I still couldn't delete it.
After seeing this I decided to check my cron scripts to see what it is
doing to keep my server clean.
I didn't find any that appeared to clean up stale locks, or /tmp.
Does anybody know if is possible to clean up /tmp and stale locks (is
this even detectable?)
I also have a user who was logged in over XDMCP Mand had the computer
crash (client) and so she appears to be logged in according to `who` but
she has no processes running and that was 3 days ago. Is it possible to
have this cleaned up as well?
Tim

--
Tim White
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net