[plug] Does this appear to be a memory leak?

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Sun Oct 24 13:22:17 WST 2004

Tim White wrote:

> After looking at the amount of mail handled by Thunderbird I am think it
> may be loading the indexes into memory or something. Ether that or lots
> of shared libraries. Hopefully someone else knows.

Thunderbird is certainly memory hungry, but given my E-mail load your memory usage looks a little
excessive perhaps.

   PID USER     nFLT  VIRT SWAP  SHR S %CPU %MEM   TIME COMMAND

  1408 brad      11k  124m 9000  42m R  1.1 23.0  10:46 /home/brad/thunderbird/thunderbird-bin

bklaptop:~>du -h .thunderbird/

<snip>

1.5G    .thunderbird/

Lots of E-mail there.