[plug] Playing cdrdao data.bin audio files

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Mon Oct 25 23:02:07 WST 2004

G'day all,

One for the archives (Google was NO help at all with this one)

I have a boatload of cdrdao images of my audio cds (raw and uncompressed) that I hoped to either
rotate through cdrw's for the car (except my shitty car cd player can't do cdrws) or to be able to
add them as complete cd's to my home entertainment system.

Anyway. To play a cd image directly.

play -d /dev/dsp -r 44100 -s w -t raw -f s -c 2 -x data.bin

Does the trick for me nicely.

I also have these cds as 192Kbps VBR mp3's and I had forgotten that there is actually a difference
when you listen to them. <sigh>

Brad