[plug] [OT] Administering Windows Computers from Linux

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Tue Oct 26 19:42:28 WST 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 18:22, Tim White wrote:
> I have the nasty task of administering a number of windows computers. As
> I dislike windows I have installed a ssh server and bash from cygwin.
> This allows me to get around with the basics. Does anyone know of some
> command line tools that will allow me to administer file permissions
> (including execute) and running processes. It can be from windows or
> Linux and needs to work under windows 2000 (so the tasklist and taskkill
> from window XP won't work)
> Thanks
> Tim

A response has been sent to the offtopic list.

regards,

--
Chris Caston

Aptitude Technology
http://www.aptitudetech.com.au
ABN: 51614966828

Office: 1300 722 146
mobile: 0422 978315

[T]he entrepreneur appears in a genuinely competitive market economy as a sort of trustee whom the community
has placed in charge of its means of production. Comparing the costs of his services with those of a bureaucratic
state-controlled economy, our entrepreneur may be regarded as a very inexpensive public servant, one who really assumes risks,
while the politician is apt to be answerable only to God and history. ( Economics of the Free Society (1937),Wilhelm Röpke, p. 192).